Saturday, September 15, 2012

Now there is only one. My first few days alone


Coming home to sleep and not have my two dogs go running up the stairs before me was gone now there is only one set of paws running up the stairs before me, so i climb the stairs with a heavy heart and damp eyes.
Getting out of bed in the morning i no longer have to scramble over two dogs legs, as now there is only one, funny i miss having so many legs on the dog bed below me.
So i open the door and jasper comes running down the stairs i await for buddy to groan from under the bed and sleepily follow me but that wont be the case for breakfast today there is only one energetic dog wanting breakfast only one.
I go to pick up the dogs bowls to make their food but i didnt think i dont need buds anymore now there is only one.
So many things were doubles that have now turned into singles,
I dont have a dog lead in each hand now i only have one. i dont have to carry two balls on ropes as theres only one.
Jasper no longer has to wait for his turn for the ball to be thrown as he is the only one.
So many things are only one, one set of dog toys, dog balls, dogs hugs and kisses, wet paw prints, barks at the door.

There is something that is not NOW ONLY ONE and that is my tears that i cant help but shed, they are more like a thousand and one everytime i think of my buddy, but one thing is for sure he was one of a kind and there only is ever one buddy.
Sadly this is how my life will now be as my two lovely dogs are not a pair as NOW THERE IS ONLY ONE

No comments: